Friday, May 13, 2011

A Poem

Fact - we spend most of our waking hours at work. It stands to reason we become attached to our co-workers as an extension of our families. A former boss is leaving the company - someone with whom I - and many others - have a love/hate relationship. Naturally, when I heard the news she was leaving I thought back on 11 years of working with/near her. Many trials and tribulations were had in addition to even many more successes and achievements. At the end of the day, I am a much better person for having known her. Thank you, Lydia. This one's for you!

Moving On

They say:
“Don’t cry because it’s over
Smile because it happened”

Rejoice in our together time,
For there has been much.
Days and nights of chaos!
But you were always there.

Putting out fires.
And stirring the pot.
Never backing down once
From challenges and such.

You were my mentor.
You were my guide.
You taught me well, dear friend.
But now we must say “goodbye”

In collective heart you reside,
In shared mind we recall,
The laughter and tears
Of success and defeat.

But is it really goodbye?
Maybe not for long…
A temporary state.
For our time’s not yet done.

No comments:

Post a Comment