Since I started back at the gym, I've been reading the trashy magazines people leave behind to make the time go faster while on the treadmill. One of these rags has a regular column entitled "25 Things You Didnt Know About Me", featuring a different celebrity revealing previously unknown facts about themselves every week. For lack of anything else to write, I thought I would give it a go. Here's my take:
1. I went to 14 schools before finally graduating from James Pace High School in Brownsville, TX.
2. I lived on four continents before I was 21, including Asia, Central America, Africa and North America.
3. I am the eldest daughter in a family of five.
4. I'm a proud Irish-English-Italian-Dutch American.
5. I suffered from chronic insomnia and the occasional migraine while in my last job. I quit that job after having to go to the ER.
6. I had seven operations on my ears by the time I was 12; the last operation nearly killed me as I had an allergic reaction to the anethesia and stopped breathing.
7. I was born in New Hampshire but do not consider in home even though my extended family lives there.
8. I have a tattoo of a phoenix on my lower back and will soon have a Celtic cross between my shoulder blades (once I can find someone to hold my hand!).
9. I love my nieces and nephews to pieces even if they drive me mad with their unstoppable energy!
10. I was a closet Menudo fan when I was in high school actually met my favorite Menudo member two years ago and hung out with him in his bedroom!
11. I am very close to my siblings (and sibling-in-law).
12. I majored in poli sci and minored in Art History (even tho I now wish it was the other way around).
13. I tried to be a vegetarian once and discovered an unfortunate intolerance to soy products.
14. I am passionate about protecting the rights of the illegal, tired, poor and hungry masses.
15. I didn’t really kiss a boy until I was 18, nor did I hold a boy's hand until I was 17. I was a late bloomer.
16. I *heart* Peanut Butter M&Ms and Cherry Twizzlers.
17. I didn’t go to my senior prom because I had chicken pox.
18. I love brown-rice sushi.
19. If I could live anywhere in the world, it would be London. I fantasize about living among the Brits.
20. I am a closet pop princess. I secretly envy Christina and Pink. I pity Britney.
21. I am a hopeless romantic, in spite of my "bitterness". In Sex and the City terms, I am 80% Miranda, 20% Carrie - bitter and neurotic! A truly happy combination indeed!
22. I published my first magazine article two years ago and my first guest blog this year.
23. I love the smell of maple sugar boiling over an open wood fire, outside in the New England frost. Even though I don't want to live there.
24. I accidentally locked my cat in the refrigerator for 8 hours when he was a kitten!
25. I love the dark.